Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Miracle work of Retin-A for Wrinkles and Acne


Not only does Retin-A drastically reduce and prevent wrinkles but it fades brown spots, reduces pore size and renews skin cells. It doesn’t just claim to make your skin look smoother and younger. It actually does it by increasing collagen, cell turn-over and exfoliation.

I’ve had people ask me what my secret is and I tell them that I’ve been using Retin-A for over 10 years now. I had acne into my late 20’s and 30’s. Nothing helped like Retin-A not even birth control pills. After experiencing the other positive effects, I wouldn’t dare stop using it. Ask any dermatologist and they will tell you that nothing works like Retin-A.

The best and most concentrated form of Retin-A is acquired by prescription only. There are much smaller concentrations and derivatives put in over the counter creams but it’s just doesn’t provide the same effect. I find that my gynecologist or dermatologist is open to prescribing Retin-A especially if you have bouts of adult acne. The catch is, insurance plans won’t pay for it if you’re over 40. They don’t believe people can have acne over 40. It’s really not that expensive to pay for it yourself. A 6 months supply for the generic version costs about $40. Or, if you’re visiting Mexico any time soon I think you can get it without a prescription there.

Don’t be shy about asking your doctor to prescribe this, tell them all your skin concerns. Be very careful in the sun though. Using Retin-A is like putting a magnifying glass on your skin so wear 50 SPF and a hat. You will experience light skin shedding. Just make sure to slough it off in the shower and you’ll begin to have absolutely healthy glowing skin in just a couple weeks.

No comments: