Friday, September 11, 2009

Anti-aging Perfume?

Anti-age Perfume Can there be such a thing as perfume that makes you appear younger? I'm a prettty skeptical person so at first thought, I'd say this is rubbish. But Harvey Prince, the company behind Ageless Fantasy perfume gave me food for thought. The premise behind Ageless Fantasy's ability to make you feel and look younger is that scents generate certain feelings. You know, like the smell of mothballs reminding you of your grandmas closet, the smell of fresh baked cookies making you feel mouth-watering happy or the smell of fresh-cut grass reminding you of summer. I have experienced this scent association with past boyfriends and their cologne. I'm not so sure I want that reminder.

Anyway, Harvey Prince based their formulation on the writings of Chandler Burr, perfume critic of The New York Times and author of The Perfect Scent and the Emperor of Scent to produce a blend of scents that is associated with youth. Their "essence of youth" elixir consists of pink grapefruit, mango, anti-oxidant rich pomegranate, jasmine and musk. Research has shown that men associate tropical fruits and pink grapefruit scents with younger women. Additionally, the blended tropical flavors of pineapple: mango and leafy greens are known to bring a feeling of comfort often associated with positive child hood memories giving a sence of coziness, youthfulness and joy.
I became aware of this perfume when Jackie Silvers, author of Aging Backwards presented it on ShopNBC. They sold a lot the day I was there and gave me a sample. The first time I used it I went for a jog. Who uses perfume right before a workout right? But, I needed a youthful energizing pick-me-up and I do believe it helped. I'd describe it as light, frisky in a citrus way and pretty. So would those 5 guys following me rather closely on the jogging trail. Just kidding it was only 3. So, I think Harvey Prince is onto something here.

No comments: